Digital marketing encompasses many different channels and strategies that help your business build brand awareness and generate leads and sales. Search engine optimization (SEO) is an important aspect of digital marketing as it helps business owners generate organic traffic and build trust among their customers. Let’s explore 6 benefits of search engine optimization.
What is Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is the process of optimizing your website with keywords and key phrases that your target audience is using to search for your products and services. These tactics help to improve your website’s ranking in search engine results pages. Search engines provide different ways to improve your ranking with them, which results in more traffic to your site. This includes on-page optimization – which is optimizing your website copy with relevant keywords, off-page optimization – link-building strategies to encourage visitors to other websites to visit yours, and technical SEO – the technical aspects of your website such as site speed, page load time, etc.
These SEO strategies work together to help your website rank high in major search engines such as Google. You can easily monitor and assess your website’s SEO performance and search engine rankings using a free Google Search Console account.
What Are The Benefits of SEO for Small Businesses
Small businesses frequently suffer from a lack of internet presence. More and more consumers search the web before visiting a business to make a purchase, and they will almost certainly pick one that has an online presence over one without. As a result, whether you’re selling items or providing services, having your website up and running is critical. It is even more critical to have an SEO strategy in place to reap the benefits of organic traffic.
- Improves Organic Search Traffic – The best quality leads come from organic search and marketers all over the world see the value in having a strategy in place for search engine optimization to help their websites rank on the first page. The search traffic generated from organic search results is also solution-focused and is ready to act on what they find. If not, they will remember your brand for future reference. The more high-quality content you create, the better your chances are of ranking high.
- Improves Brand Awareness – Writing and publishing useful content for your target audience will help them to find your website and will improve your ranking on search engine results pages over time. Optimizing all your website’s copy can help to improve brand awareness because Google will show your website on the first page of their search engine results if it is properly optimized using the relevant ranking factors. This allows more customers to find you and to learn more about your business which will increase brand awareness.
- Increase Trust In Your Business – Search engine users are crowded with millions of results when they perform an online search. It can become overwhelming when they’re not sure what’s the best and most trusting option for their needs. Paid ads are usually the first thing people see and they often ignore them because they don’t trust them. If you continuously publish helpful content, users will trust your brand more than they would content from paid ads. It also helps if you have multiple pieces of content around the same topic as it makes search engine users see you as an expert in your industry, which builds trust.
- SEO Is Cost-Effective – Search engines work by matching search queries with relevant web pages that they deem has the solution to what the user needs. You cannot pay to rank in SERPs because it is entirely organic. SEO is free as you are publishing content on your website which is then indexed on Google and shown to searchers. With a good copywriter on your team, your website can show on the first page of Google without costing you in ad spend.
- SEO Results Are Easily Trackable – The two most common ways to track the success or failure of your SEO strategy are to use Google Search Console and to analyze your website traffic and its sources. Are you getting more leads but not running any ads? Is the content you are publishing generating traffic for your website? What about Google Search Console – a quick check can tell you how you are ranking for specific keywords and whether you are generating traffic from them. SEO results are easy to track when you know what to look for.
- SEO Supports Other Digital Marketing Efforts – SEO supports other digital marketing strategies by providing long-term, continuous optimization of your website. If you publish a blog post or a new service page, it might take a few months for that page to rank on the first page, depending on the keyword difficulty of the focus keyword, but it is likely to stay there for a very long time after. A good practice is to use Google Ads (PPC) to support your SEO strategy while you wait on SEO to work. Using SEO to support your digital marketing strategies is a sure way to get traffic to your website.
How To Get Started With SEO?
What are title tags, meta descriptions, meta tags, and all the other phrases used in search engine optimization? They are important elements in your SEO strategy. The first step is to identify the product or service you offer and build an SEO campaign around it that includes your target keywords with the highest volume. Before you start creating content, you need to have this outlined so that you don’t have to recreate the content you’ve done. A good SEO strategy can get technical, so it is best to leave it to the experts like the ones at the best SEO agency in Austin, evlos digital. Call us at (512) 774-4864 to get started.